Today, one of those recipes that you will remember for ever. Attractive by these words : Secret ingrédient ! But also with this yummy pic … Phil’s Home Kitchen is an incontournable home cooking and fanatic baking site, you will enjoy to read more of his recipes that cannot be overlooked ! Let’s try to prepare Phil’s Mocha Cupcakes and let him know if you like them ? Mister R.
THE SECRET INGRÉDIENT : Oh, it’s Mayonnaise !
In a cake ? As bonkers as it sounds, it replaces the traditional egg and the fat component of the cake, giving a gorgeously textured sponge.
Anyhow, these cakes taste fabulous – Especially with my simple mascarpone topping. Although whipped double cream with a little icing sugar in there makes a fantastic topping !
- 100g self-raising flour
- 100g caster sugar or soft brown sugar
- 100g mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 25g cocoa powder
- about 50ml shot espresso coffee
- 50ml water (add enough water so the coffee + water comes to 100ml)
- 250g tub mascarpone or cream cheese, drained if there is any liquid
- 50g icing sugar
- 50g melted dark chocolate, cooled slightly
- a couple of coffee beans, crushed – optional
STEP BY STEP :
1) Put all the sponge ingredients in a bowl and mix together either with a wooden spoon or a whisk.
(2) Spoon into cupcake cases- coming to just over half full. Bake in an oven that has been preheated to 160ºC (fan) for about 15 minutes, or until well risen with slight cracks over the surface.
(3) To make the icing, beat the icing ingredients together and spoon or pipe over the cooled sponges. You can top with grated white chocolate for a cappuccino effect or decorate in any way you like.
TO FINISH :
- grated white chocolate, optional
- a couple of coffee beans, crushed, optional
A rich cake, with a batter that is made up in seconds. Oh, and a secret ingredient……
Voir l’article original 457 mots de plus